Utolsó módosítás programmer, ekkor: 2014.06.27.
In this article, we present you the various talents and glyphs that can be useful for Arms
Warriors (WoW 4.3). We also give you
pointers for customising your talent tree and adapting it to particular
The other articles of our Arms Warrior guide can be accessed
from the table of contents on the left.
1. Single Target Talent Build↑top
This build will provide you with excellent single-target DPS.
- Prime Glyphs
- Major Glyphs
- Minor Glyphs
2. Multiple Target Talent Build↑top
In this build, we have skipped 2 points in Incite, a strong
single-target DPS talent. Instead, we have invested these two points in
Blood and Thunder, a solid AoE DPS talent.
- Prime Glyphs
- Major Glyphs
- Minor Glyphs
3. Customising Your Build↑top
While the above builds will yield very good results under most circumstances,
it is important to know how you can customise your talents and glyphs, to adapt
your build to specific situations.
In the following image, the fixed talents have been highlighted in green,
while the optional talents have been highlighted in red:
In addition to the variations between the two builds presented above,
your other customisation choices mostly revolve around removing the point in
Blitz and putting it into Throwdown in case you need a
stun, or in Drums of War if you want a reduced rage cost for your
3.1.1. Fixed Talents
- 3/3 War Academy: a 15% damage increase to two of your most powerful
abilities, Slam and Mortal Strike.
- 2/2 Field Dressing: this is not a DPS talent. It increases the
healing you receive by 6%, and it is a very good survival talent during
progression raiding. Besides, there are no other appealing DPS
- 1/2 Blitz: this talent provides a very small amount of extra
rage each time your Charge. It's a tiny DPS gain, but is mostly taken as
a filler talent.
- 2/2 Tactical Mastery: allows you to retain up to an additional 50
rage each time you change stances (so, for a potential maximum of 75 rage
retained). It is extremely useful, as you may have to often switch between
Battle Stance and Berserker Stance.
- 3/3 Deep Wounds: your critical strikes cause the target to bleed for
a moderate amount of damage over 6 seconds. This bleed has a near 100%
uptime and makes up a good portion of your DPS. Taking this talent also
- 2/2 Impale: increases the critical strike damage bonus of your
Slam, Mortal Strike and Overpower by 20%.
- 1/1 Sweeping Strikes: a useful AoE ability. It essentially
mirrors the damage dealt by your direct attacks onto a second, nearby
target. It lasts for 10 seconds, on a one minute cooldown. With the
appropriate glyph, it costs no rage. Even though this talent provides no
benefit in single target DPS, it should be taken, as there are no better
- 3/3 Taste for Blood: increases the critical strike chance of your
Overpower by 60%. In addition to this, your Overpower becomes available
each time your Rend deals damage, but not more often than once
every 5 seconds. By default, Overpower is only available after the target
dodges one of your attacks.
- 1/1 Deadly Calm: this is a DPS cooldown. Essentially, it
allows you to cast any abilities, free of rage cost, for 10 seconds.
- 2/2 Blood Frenzy: each time a target is affected by one of your
bleeds (Rend and Deep Wounds), it takes 4% increased physical damage and
30% increased bleed damage (from all players in your raid). Note that
this effect does not stack with several other equivalent debuffs provided
by other classes. This talent also provides you with a 10% chance to
generate 20 rage each time you perform a white attack.
- 2/2 Improved Slam: a DPS boost to your Slam ability. It
increases its damage by 10% and decreases its swing time by 1 second (the
swing time is the equivalent of a cast time for spells).
- 1/1 Juggernaut: this talent grants your first Slam or
Mortal Strike, used within 10 seconds after Charing an enemy, a 25%
increased critical strike chance. Additionally, it enables the use of your
Charge during combat and regardless of which stance you are in.
- 2/2 Sudden Death: this talent grants your white attacks a small
chance to reset the cooldown of your Colossus Smash. Additionally, it
effectively reduces the cost of your Execute by 10 rage. Normally,
Execute costs 10 rage, and consumes up to an additional 20 rage to deal extra
damage. If you have 0 rage, however, you still cannot cast Execute (but if
you have 10, it costs no rage).
- 3/3 Lambs to the Slaughter: causes your Mortal Strike to refresh
your Rend on the target and also provides you with a stacking
self-buff ( Slaughter), each time you cast Mortal Strike. Slaughter
increases the damage of your Slam, Execute, Mortal Strike and
Overpower by 10% per stack, and stacks up to 3 times.
- 2/2 Wrecking Crew: your Mortal Strike critical hits grant you
an enrage effect, which increases your damage done by 10% for 12 seconds.
- 1/1 Bladestorm: provides you with your trademark ability,
Bladestorm. Bladestorm deals a moderate amount of damage, each second,
to all enemies around you, for 6 seconds. It is not a potent single target
ability, but it offers excellent AoE damage. It also grants you immunity
against any effects which cause loss of control of your character. Note that,
while Bladestorming, you cannot cast any other abilities.
- 2/2 Cruelty: increases the critical strike chance of
Mortal Strike by 10%.
- 3/3 Battle Trance: your Mortal Strike critical hits have a 15%
chance to cause your next ability which costs more than 5 rage to be free of
- 2/2 Executioner: your Executes grant you a stacking self-buff,
Executioner, which increases your attack speed by 5% per stack, and
stacks up to 5 times.
- 1/3 Incite: increases the critical strike chance of your
Heroic Strike by 5% and gives you a 33% chance for your Heroic Strike
critical hits to cause the following Heroic Strike to be a critical hit (this
second critical hit cannot re-trigger the effect). 1/3 in this talent
is mandatory as there are simply no better alternatives, regardless of whether
you are seeking single target or AoE DPS.
3.1.2. Optional Talents
There are a few talents which you can pick based on the encounter you
are progressing on.
- 1/2 Drums of War: provides a rage cost reduction to your
interrupt ability ( Pummel). Useful for encounters where you need to
interrupt a lot. You can remove the point in Blitz to take this.
- 1/1 Throwdown: provides you with a 5 second single target
stun. Useful for encounters which have stunnable NPCs, but useless otherwise.
You can remove the point in Blitz to take this.
- 3/3 Incite: The extra 2 points in this ability grant increased
critical strike chance (15%), and make it so that each Heroic Strike
critical strike has a 100% to make the next Heroic Strike be a critical
strike. This talent is very desirable in single target fights, but it is
quite useless in AoE fights, as you do not use Heroic Strike very much in your
- 2/2 Blood and Thunder: allows you to spread Rend to
all the targets affected by Thunder Clap, provided that at least one
target initially had Rend on them. This is an excellent DPS increase in
fights where you are facing a lot of adds.
3.2.1. Prime Glyphs
The choice for Prime Glyphs, as an Arms Warrior, is extremely simple. The
following three glyphs are the only ones which provide a DPS increase:
3.2.2. Major Glyphs
For multiple-target DPS, the two following glyphs are advised:
For your 3 Major Glyphs in single target DPS and your last Major Glyph in
multiple-target DPS, you have the following choices:
3.3. Minor Glyphs